NYC Summer Session - Professor Frasier

Transitional New York: Two Decades of Urban Reinvention in New York City

Friday, June 25, 2010

A Time for Reflection

Over the course of this class and the four trips that were taken to New York City I have looked into how design and economy coincide. I started my blog looking at the Financial District and how that stems off into the rest of New York City. I have found while doing research and our trips I got my research topic into a new direction. I stayed true to figuring out economics of New York City but was inspired by places that we visited to look into how the economy helps drive those places to be successful or not. Through this research I have gained a lot of knowledge on what makes a space successful in bringing people there to interact with the space. I have realized the basic needs of a city and its population that will help me in making design decisions in the future to make successful space. As we are in a economic recession that I hope we are moving out of soon I feel the need to energize a space and give businesses the customer support it needs is essential and design can greatly affect a business. These spaces not only affect local economy but stem off too effect global economy. My research I feel was successful in finding what makes a place successful in a design sense and would like to thank my fellow classmates and my professors for helping understand the layout and design of New York City and I hope to go back soon to find other spaces to research and blog about.

No comments:

Post a Comment